Friday, May 09, 2008

Taking a Birthday Break

As of today, (May 9, 2008) I am taking my first vacation since Plaintalker started in June 2005.

I will be visiting Seattle, where my daughter and son-in-law, former Plainfield residents, have lived since the early 1990s. I am looking forward to seeing the interim changes in the Emerald City and also revisiting my favorite neighborhoods, especially Fremont and the International District.

I may be blogging sporadically or not at all, but now that there are so many Plainfield blogs, perhaps you won’t miss me for four days.

If any of you get a chance to visit Seattle, I heartily recommend that you take the opportunity. It is an exemplary municipality and a spectacular venue for its sights. On my 70th birthday, Audrey and Peter plan to take me to a restaurant at the top of the Space Needle, which features a panoramic view of the mountains and waters around Seattle. I think it will be memorable and a good way to move on from my “three-score and ten” to whatever is next.

--Bernice Paglia

5 Comments:

Blogger VICTORIOUSLAUREN said...

Have an AWESOME 70th Birthday! I hope that your vacation is an enjoyable, safe one (first since 2005?) Wow...enjoy!

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bernice, happy birthday,and have a great trip.and yes ,we will miss your blog.even for a few days.soooo hurry back.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time, Bernice. Visit the outdoor art museum by the water, and dodge a few tossed fish for me. And happy birthday!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bernice,

You are a class act! And a loyal and caring member of the Plainfield coomunity that cares. Your blog has been an inspiration to all kinded spirits. Have a great vacation. And Happy Birthday!!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need someone to carry your bags ??

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home