Thursday, May 28, 2009

Through A Screen Darkly

A PMUA truck picked up trash from our six-family this morning and then I thought it was going next door to Connelly's. But no, another truck was already over there.

From my screen window I could see trash and recyclables being put in the same truck, something that we used to see often and which made us wonder why we had to separate stuff.

So next an inspector comes in a pickup truck. Note the sole orange light on the cab.
The workers and the inspector conferred. Yes, the trash bin is overflowing.

Yep, on closer inspection it's trash all right.
Just to make sure what happened, another inspector (note orange light bar on cab) checks later.
Next up, two PMUA trash trucks back into our driveway, each with a refurbished, newly-painted bin on the rear. Workers unhook the bins, roll them to Connelly's and drag two old bins back to the trucks, hook them up and take off. A short time later, this process is repeated. ( I have more pictures.)
In all, six PMUA trucks and two inspectors were here today.
If I didn't spend most of my time on the driveway side of my apartment, maybe this wouldn't seem like a lot of commotion in one day. It seems to me I have seen the smaller trucks bringing trash bins. Not sure why the big trucks had to do it today.
BTW, regarding the Connelly building, I am still trying to find out when the film shot on my block will be released. It was much more fun to see Woody Harrelson and crew out in the driveway as they filmed "The Messenger" last summer.
--Bernice Paglia



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they are picking up the trash.Bottles and all.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Youtubeit said...

Keep the pics coming! Video on Youtube will be facinating

10:42 PM  
Anonymous bucket trucks said...

Great Pics.. though its kinda weird... :)

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess PMUA can now know that they can evade us all they want, but they can't hide from the fact that they lack efficiency and cost control.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Utility Digger Derrick said...

Intriguing stuff. Thanks for sharing. I especially like the pictures. A little creepy.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous forestry equipment said...

interesting post! thanks for sharing!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home