Saturday, July 18, 2009

Grace is the Place

Stop by Grace Episcopal Church today for a health fair and yard sale. The church is located at East Seventh Street and Cleveland Avenue.

After hearing a woman exclaim "What a deal!" so loud that I heard it across the street, I figured I better get there.

I picked up Thelonius Monk and Slim Gaillard CDs for $1 each, some hemp cord to indulge my summer habit of making granny-square plant holders and "The Elements of Style" for a refresher course.

Here are some unusual ornaments that I donated. Hmm. Maybe I'll buy the stars back.

The Health Fair awaits your participation.

Check out the butterfly garden while you're in the church yard.
I'm told fried fish sandwiches from Blackberry's will be on sale at 1 p.m. The event concludes at 3 p.m. Just don't park in the yellow-striped spaces in Lot 7 - they are permit-only and the Parking Bureau is on duty today.
--Bernice

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie S. said...

You know ... you make me really regret working every Saturday! I wish I could have gone.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home