Friday, December 04, 2009

Surprise! Your Whole Life is Disrupted!

A surprise announcement that workers will be here at 8:30 a.m. Saturday to correct problems uncovered in the five-year state inspection left me and my longterm neighbor in disbelief.

The state multi-family inspection of our six-family unit occurred Oct. 1, but until now, we had no notice of the need to correct violations.

So now I have to move all sorts of things around in my one-bedroom, 2 1/2 room apartment and my neighbor has to similarly find room in her 2-bedroom unit to get things out of the way of workers. We are waiting to see whether they are real workers or the anonymous kind one picks up on the street.

Obviously this will compromise blogging to some degree tomorrow. I am also trying to find out whether comments are being blocked. Blogger acknowledges a problem in this area.

--Bernice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home