Thursday, April 12, 2007

News Update

I covered the funeral of Mayor Albert T. McWilliams today for the Courier News. The story will run tomorrow.

Just before news of the mayor's death became public, I had looked up former City Administrator Norton Bonaparte Jr. on the Topeka Capital-Journal's web site. I found out that Mr. Bonaparte had passed his first review as city manager with high marks. Read the story here.

I e-mailed my congratulations, but then hearing of the mayor's passing, I did not feel it was appropriate to mention it on the blog at the time. Today I saw Mr. Bonaparte at the funeral, or should I say he spotted me and came over to speak. He thanked me again for my interest.

I know many of the people at the funeral would like to read about Mr. Bonaparte's success, as he was the mayor's appointee and a key part of his administration.

Former Schools Superintendent Larry Leverett and former Gov. James McGreevey were among those who gave tributes at the funeral. The church was filled with many people who shared the mayor's vision and appreciated his service to Plainfield.

Once again, our condolences to the family and the mayor's extended political family.

--Bernice Paglia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home