Tuesday, November 27, 2007

County Clerk Heralds Presidential Primary

I saw this brochure at the Plainfield Public Library and my mind played a trick on me. I thought I was looking at leftovers. Today I was more alert and realized the familiar yellow brochure that as a reporter I always anticipated in January was out early because New Jersey will, for the first time, hold a presidential primary in February.

The last day to register to vote in the presidential primary is Jan. 15, thus the early edition. The Presidential Primary Election Day is Monday, Feb. 4.
There will still be an April school board election, a June primary for state, county and local candidates and of course the general election on Nov. 4.
Union County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi does a bang-up job of informing voters and this brochure is no exception. Pick one up at the Plainfield Public Library and be informed of all the filing, registration and voting dates for 2008.
--Bernice Paglia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home