Thursday, April 17, 2008

Punctuation for the Ages

Among the more curious blogs I have come across is one dedicated to the exposition of unnecessary quote marks. On a recent foray downtown for images, I took a close look at the sturdy metal cover of a fiber optic installation and realized the Queen City has a prime candidate for that blog.
Unlike the scrawled signs in store windows and flimsy menus overburdened with quote marks, this one will be with us for many decades. I thought of submitting it to the nitpicky punctuation blog, but couldn't quite comprehend the legal disclaimer for submissions. Dear readers, feel free to do a screen grab and submit it if you wish. Click here to see The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.
--Bernice Paglia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Bernice,

Do air quotes count? Talk about unnecessary! I guess we'd have to get rid of the people who use them, huh--not really practical, I guess.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home