Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lilies and Hollyhocks

Every time these lilies bloom, I want to create a multi-hued lily garden. The catalogues are so enticing. But then I think, maybe this is the year that I will finally move, and so I don't buy bulbs for fall planting for fear I won't be here to see them in summer. Anyway, for those who know where they will be in a year and who have garden space, I say, lilies are the best!

These pale yellow hollyhocks came up where we used to have pink ones. They contrast nicely with the wall. The building received a "cosmetic" scraping and painting, not a total makeover, resulting in a sort of camouflage effect. Gerard Manley Hopkins would have loved its "Pied Beauty." Let's see whether Inspections loves it.
--Bernice Paglia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home