Friday, December 12, 2008

Out with the Old, In with New

This hulk of a monitor has served long past its time and began to signal its fatigue by making earthquake-like jiggles with flashing lights and prolonged aftershocks. I bought a new, flat monitor but hesitated to hook it up, being a big technophobe. After many pep talks by my daughter, my neighbor and some readers, I finally made the change.

As I suspected, the need to lighten up photos was actually due to the old monitor. The new one is much brighter. My flower file looks great and in general things look much better. Tinky Winky approves.
I am still much more confident at wrangling things in the yard than in the computer department. But I have to admit, you all were right - it was a simple change that did not deserve the drama I built up in my head over it.
Thanks to all for humoring me in my ineptitude.
--Bernice Paglia

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bernice,

The new flat monitor looks great! See it wasn't that hard! Keep up the good work.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bernice, What did you do with your oldie but kinda goodie? If you still have it, Second Street Youth Center has a great computer repair/refurbish programs. Computer tech folks teach/work with the teens to fix the machine and then the teens get to keep the machines. Just give Sandra Martin (561-0421 ext. 37 or Tanya Morgan ext. 19 a call. Thanks, Cricket Cardozo

5:54 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

I lugged it downstairs but I'm not sure how good it is, because it kept making these flashing lights and shivers. But it is all yours if you want it. Let me know.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jackie S. said...

I recently went through the same thing and I was always editing my photos because they looked so dark, too. So it was the monitor. I have my old one hooked up to an older computer now ... not one I care about the photos! I like the hat.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home