Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beetles - Yeah, Yeah Yeah.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a red ant wrangling the shell of a beetle many times its size. I dashed inside to get my camera, but by the time I got back, the ant had abandoned its task.

The beetle was light brown, with a few spots. I looked it up and soon found it was a Grapevine Beetle. I had never seen one before, but last week I came across one on a wild grapevine on the fence between our yard and Municipal Lot 7. This time I had my camera in my garden apron's pocket, but the beetle crawled under a leaf before I could get a shot.

Click here to see some images and to learn more about this bug. One reward for spending hours toiling away at yardwork is the discovery of such interesting visitors.

--Bernice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home