Friday, December 11, 2009

Take Time to Reflect

Random image: Euonymous berries.

What do you want for Plainfield in 2010? And are you willing to put in some time and energy to help make it happen?

In this busy season, I hope Plainfielders get a chance to reflect on the New Year. Volunteer opportunities, civic involvement, running for office, advocating a special interest, mentoring a young person, sharing your talents, strengthening your block or neighborhood - there's plenty to do.

Plaintalker hopes to keep informing residents of what's going on in municipal government and other aspects of city life in 2010. A lot of changes are coming up and sometimes a blog is a more nimble way of communicating than through other media. Please keep commenting on what you read here.

--Bernice

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Bernice,

Here are my plans:

"Volunteer opportunities, civic involvement, running for office, advocating a special interest, mentoring a young person, sharing your talents, strengthening your block or neighborhood"

That's my 2010--oh, and completing a dissertation--haha!

Rebecca

8:51 AM  
Blogger Bernice said...

Hey Rebecca,
We need more people with your level of energy and interest in Plainfield! You are a role model!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While Rebecca's plans a wonderful, I am not so energetic. However, I do plan on chosing one thing to focus on for the city of Plainfield. I believe I am going to focus on economic development. If we all do one thing, Plainfield will be much better off.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Maria Pellum, Plainfield Resident said...

Hi Bernice,

Thanks for being so inspirational. I started my blog because of you. I take time to volunteer because you pointed out needs here and there. I have enriched my life far more that I had expected when I did volunteer for this cause or another, all because of your inspiration.

To me, you are one of our best role models of civic responsibility. I hope far more follow suit.

Thanks! And you, readers, stop reading, come and join the city's many volunteer groups! It's fun, it's healthy, and it is what will give you a good laugh at your dinner table (and once in a while also a tear or two!)

Regards to all.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Maria--Bernice, you are a model of civic engagement. Just keeping us informed through your blog is an awesome public service.

Rebecca

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home