Friday, January 15, 2010

Now Cut That Out!

Dan the aggregator and self-styled "needler" responded to my recent fit of pique over his heavy reliance on my content by still featuring it - but now under the acronym PPEB instead of "Bernice ..."

While theoretically a compliment to be called "Plainfield's pre-eminent blogger," it feels more like being called out of my name to be assigned an acronym instead of the identity I have had since May 12, 1938.

Therefore I am invoking a phrase from that master of testiness, Jack Benny: "Now cut that out!"

When I stopped blogging on purpose one day, Dan simply headlined another blogger. Now admit it, Dan, wasn't that easy?

As much as Dan likes to put on his chaps, pick up his lasso and wrangle us bloggers, readers can alternatively just bookmark their favorites and go right to the source without dealing with Dan's bull pen. I'm just sayin.'

--Bernice

8 Comments:

Blogger stevekilduff said...

In my discovery phase of Plainfield blogging during the past year's election cycle I had thirteen Plainfield feeds into my Google Reader. I even had TwoSmokinBarrels. But now I have just you and CLIPS. I read you first, then look at the news links in CLIPS, then the blogger links. Sometimes I just read you.

My wife is on the Citizen's Budget Advisory Committee. She has me forward your posts to her regularly, and the group uses your blog for research.

So yes, in our opinion you are P'sP-eB. PMSN can call you whatever he wants; we just call you by your name, Bernice.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the exact same thing. I want real news and considered and thoughtful reporting and analysis. The aggregator's news aggregations can be helpful and I sometimes check the links to other blogs, but that's all.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bernice, you are the journalist, Dan is a kibitzer. I always picture him as Plainfield's Hedda Hopper. He likes to get a rise out of people and start troublesome rumors. Too bad he didnt work this hard when he was paid to get information out about the city.
I can see why you would not want your name associated with his, heaven forbid someone thought you worked for him, or with him. I don't blame you. But Plainfield knows you, and knows him. 'Nuff said.
Keep up the good work.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog for realy information, I read Dan't blog to get to your blog. Thanks, Bernice.

12:27 PM  
Blogger MichaelT said...

Sorry, but I don't understand this problem. Dan's blog provides a convenient place to find a quick summary of the various blogs, news articles, etc. related to Plainfield. It helps me choose which to read (yours almost always) and which to skip. I don't recall him putting himself out there (nor do I consider him) as the finder of facts on every issue, but consider him more of a pointer to those facts and to others' opinions. I value the honest opinions of several Plainfield bloggers, and Dan's aggregating helps me determine when those bloggers have a subject of interest. Doing this, he saves me time.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He toils not, but he do spin! ;)

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan's Blog reminds me off a website he tried to get shut down years ago. I think it was downwithtom.com where people posted comments about a former city administrator. His blog is 85% of writing attacks on our Mayor and Jerry Green. I read it four humour and the other 15% which covers things I would be interested in.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home