Thursday, July 31, 2008

Homeless Question Deserves Exploration

In the interest of furthering discussion on homelessness, Plaintalker is posting some links on the subject, including some “best practices” to deal with the issue.

An update on the church problem: The president of the Board of Trustees arrived early Thursday to clean up the mess. I happened to be weeding the garden in the roundabout at the time. The unsanitary debris was removed and discarded, but the shopping cart with what the church official deemed personal objects was left behind for the porch people.

And now for some links to explorations of the problem.

Click here for a Wikipedia article on homeless people throughout history and around the world.

Here is a list of New York City’s best initiatives and here is one story from San Francisco.

All comments and ideas are welcome.

--Bernice Paglia

1 Comments:

Blogger Douglas said...

First, I would like to admit my ignorance on this subject. I would like to know whether or not
(and if so, how) the Plainfield City government provides support services to homeless residents. I know there are a bunch of non-profit groups like the YMCA and Homefirst running shelter programs. I suppose what I'd really like to know is what community resources I'd have if I were homeless in Plainfield.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home