Saturday, November 29, 2008

Change! Can I Do It?

The antediluvian monitor with the beaded fringe and sticky notes is moribund.

I went so far as to purchase a modern flat-screen model, but my technophobia is in full effect and I can't get up the nerve to do what all techno-sassy vs. techno-sissy types say is a rudimentary task. Blogging may be spotty while I recite mantras for courage.

It has been about 30 years since I could compose a honey-do list and expect anyone to comply. Even before that, the honey in question later became known jokingly as a lemon picked on the tree of love and was notoriously non-compliant on many fronts.

So it's been, and is, all up to me.

Considering that it took me a couple of months to plug in a new toaster, getting my computer stuff together is still problematic. Magic formulas and words of encouragement are welcome.

The fact that my sign is Taurus has nothing to do with this resistance to change! It's just a coincidence! Don't judge!

--Bernice Paglia

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

be brave bernice-you can do it.think positive.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bernice as I told ya before it's too simple to stress over. There are only 2 connections that need to be or even can be made -- Monitor to computer and Monitor to an electrical source. The cables for each are obivious enough. The one with the socket prungs goes to the monitor then to the wall...

Now you may have two types of wire connections for the monitor to computer hook-up...a USB port cable or male/female do-hickey. See not so technical...

May the PC Monitor installation force be with ya...

Ooh yeah typically there are pictures on the PC and wire's end ...look for that too..

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home