Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cold? Enough to Make a Cat Laugh

Block 832 has more than its fair share of feral cats. These resourceful felines have all sorts of tricks to deal with adverse weather conditions. As any cat owner knows, there must be a gene for finding the warmest spot. This sunny leaf pile provides not only solar power, but insulation against the wind. Can you spot all the cats in here?

A gray cat and a golden-brown tabby have found a place to snooze together.
Here are two black cats and a gray one in the middle.


Hidden behind some sticks is a gray tabby. Look for the ears.

Cats are very adaptive. My grandcat, Ichiro in Seattle, used to sit right up against a heat vent on the pillow I made for him at one location. Maximum heat!

In a new house, Ichiro still upholds the motto that dogs have masters, but cats have staff. My work-from-home daughter gets frequent memos from Ichiro - Let me in. Let me out. Let me in again, etc., etc.

And so it goes with cats.

--Bernice Paglia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 cats in the pile of leaves? did i get the grand price?

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home