Friday, June 19, 2009

Here There Be Goblins??

When my neighbor and I both lost dial tones recently, she told me she directed a technician to nearby equipment and her line was fixed. Mine came back on by itself, though now is full of crackles.

Today I went to look at the equipment and found it is unsecured, with the gate open, latches unsecured and locks stuck in the fence instead of the latches. A nearby business owner said it had once been secured, but then went unsecured for many years.

My concern is that people in search of wiring that can be sold for scrap are now messing with this equipment, but I have no means of proving that this is the case.

Still, how can valuable telecom stuff be left unlocked and unsecured?

Maybe people think it is a Porta-Potty and are urinating on the wires. I have more pictures and they are not reassuring as to the security and safety of this equipment.

The only good part is that I found an interesting wild flower or weed on the premises, namely Goat's Beard, which looks like a dandelion on steroids. As always, I can be distracted from anything by a wild flower.

Taking my chances on posting right now.

--Bernice Paglia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it someone's responsibility like Verizon or Comcast to keep this secure? Don't settle Bernice - get this fixed now! And I would call and as them to adjust your bill since you have not received service for a long period of time.

Don't they know Plainfield depends on you?

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home