Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Check Out Roofus

City resident Jackie has a blog about TV shows, which is lost on me as I hardly ever turn on the tube. However, she has an enviable nationwide and maybe worldwide following of fellow fans who like her commentaries.

Occasionally she updates her readers on the status of Roofus, a stray cat who likes to sit on parts of the facade of a building just across from the main train station. I happened upon Roofus yesterday inside a Gavett Place building and sent Jackie a photo, which she posted on her blog. It instantly drew a bunch of comments, making me envious of her reach. Oh well, we of the hyperlocal persuasion will never attract the masses. At least we can share our interest in Roofus.

Click on the link above and enter "Roofus" in the search box to read more. And if you are a TV fan and haven't heard about Jackie's TV Blog, enjoy!

--Bernice Paglia

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie S. said...

Aw, thanks Bernice. Since I often post Plainfield photos I've taken, I'm adding a Plainfield tag whenever a shot is from town. If I can get the time, I'll try to get older posts tagged with it, too.

Of course, when I take a shot of the paintball damage at the new condos/senior citizen, etc. building on East Front, it's hard to fit in the television blog. Er ... yes, someone nailed the building with paintballs. I saw (and photographed) it on my way to work Monday morning. Sigh.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Well, I'm coming over from Jackie's to say thank you for keeping an eye on our Roofus for us. This is the most close-up pic I have ever seen of him so kudos for you. Is there a way to see it a little bigger. WHen I clicked on the photo on Jackie's site, it didn't enlarge. Maybe it would if it were posted here.

We are all envious of Jackie's readership! :-)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a closeup for you. I think if you right-click and save a photo off the blog, you can enlarge, crop, etc.
Bernice

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home