Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A Platterful of News

A household distraction left me worn out yesterday and I did not stay until the end of the City Council agenda-fixing session. The meeting started half an hour late and included reports from council liaisons to other entities as well as committee reports before the governing body took up resolutions and ordinances. Even the portion before I left had material for several stories, which I will be attempting to squeeze out over the next few days.

Mark Spivey had the school board filing story online while I was still dithering around after 4 p.m. It is a large field of 14 for three three-year seats and one unexpired term. More on that later, but I did take a spin through the county clerk's election results to see the contrast with prior years, and found there were nine candidates in 2001, 10 in 2002, 11 in 2003, six in 2004 and a whopping 16 in 2005 - 11 for three-year seats and five for an unexpired term. You can get the rest by going to http://www.ucnj.org/ and checking election results under the county clerk's link.

I hope to catch up soon on everything.

--Bernice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home