Sunday, April 04, 2010

Old Fave Rediscovered

While prowling around the main train station during the demolition of the historic building at 187 North Avenue, I spotted a bumper sticker that made me wonder how I could have forgotten my love for WPRB.

This college radio station at Princeton University features student programming, but also a show I used to make time every week to hear. It is called "Music You Can't Hear on the Radio" and I am listening right now.

Click here for a description of this unique listening experience.

As many know, I am a radio person who does not watch television (sorry, Jackie!) because I like multi-tasking (gardening while listening) and TV just makes a person sit still too long. I always fall asleep in front of the screen.

Many of my favorite WBAI shows are on at odd hours and due to my love for WBAI, WPRB and a couple of Seattle stations, I may have to get one of those new-fangled things that let a person download radio broadcasts for later consumption.

Anyway, my fondness for "Music You Can't Hear on the Radio" goes way back and I recommend it to new listeners. Check out a playlist and see whether it's your kind of show.

--Bernice

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I like WBAI and WFMU 90.1 out of Jersey City...Radio is truly the only way to get work done and enjoy yourself at the same time!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Dottie Gutenkauf said...

Don't forget WQXR, which has now become a public radio station at 105.9 FM and is entirely devoted to classical music.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Audrey said...

KEXP in Seattle is great! Stream it at http://kexp.org - all kinds of great music. Listener-sponsored.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home