Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanks to David Holmes

Help was just a few steps away Saturday as I dealt with the crisis du jour, a dead keyboard. I had only to walk over to T2 Computer Systems at 633 Park Avenue to get a new one and have a chat with the genial owner, David Holmes.

I have previously purchased a laptop there and a PC tower, among other equipment. This business is just one in the Park & Seventh district that deserves more attention. The merchants are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. In coming days, Plaintalker hopes to highlight some of them.

The Park & Seventh business district is slated to receive one of 11 "Welcome" signs through the efforts of the Special Improvement District. But don't wait for the sign. You are welcome to get acquainted with the merchants right now.

--Bernice

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie S. said...

Yay! You're fixed! I don't often get to the strip along Park Avenue as it's not in my routine pedestrian path. But when I do, I frequent the shops. The next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll stop in the computer store -- I've definitely window-shopped it in the past. Who knows? One cannot have too many peripherals!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David did all the upgrades and maintenance on the tv station's computers when I worked there--he did a great job, and he and his staff have always been friendly and helpful. I have been putting off getting one of my laptops fixed--this reminder blog post is just what I needed! I'm off to T-2 on Monday!

Rebecca

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget Park Hardware. Those two brothers who run it are great. They don't carry everything you're used to browsing through at Home Depot, but they have a lot of the basics. They are close by and you would be supporting local people vs. a mega corporation.

Barbara

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home